The Ely Centre believe that campaigning for the rights of victims is crucial in recognising and honour the sacrifice and continued hurt with which victims and their families experience on a daily basis.
For over 30 years the Ely Centre has campaigned to ensure the needs of victims are highlighted on a local, regional , national and European arena. This has included conferences and presentations delivered to
- The European Parliament
- Westminster, and our
- Stormont on numerous occasions.
The Ely Centre played a crucial role in obtaining funding for the development of victims sector back in 1998 and this campaign has ensured that funding for victims groups to provide support to victims continues to this day.
At present the Ely Centre has a number of campaigns focusing on Memorialisation, Remembrance and Recognition of those bereaved and injured during the Troubles.
Please click on each campaign to learn more of each campaign:
- Campaign - Remembered With Honour - The Ulster Defence Regiment 4th Battalion (PDF)
- Campaign - Remembered with Honour – Out Tribute to the Soldiers of the British Army (PDF)
- Campaign - The Troubles in Co Fermanagh and its Impact on Victims (Copy of Presentation delivered to MEPS at the Europeans Parliament) (PDF)
- Campaign - Fermangh Role of Honour (PDF)
- Campaign - Tyrone roll of honour (PDF)
- Campaign - Enniskillen Memorial Feasability Study
If you would like to refer to this service please drop into the centre, give us a call, or fill in the service referral form which should only take a few minutes.